our Topanga Christian Fellowship serves as a local body of believers whose purpose is to witness God's love to others as revealed through His Son, Jesus Christ, (crucified, risen and exalted). As our soon returning King, our mission is to demonstrate His love and power to the community, resting in the assurance that He is “the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.” (Hebrews 13:8)
As believers in one true God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit (the Trinity), it is our vision that all be saved. We endeavor to teach the Word of God (Holy Bible), and spread the Gospel (Good News) to prepare humanity to care for one another and to sensitively reach out to our neighbors, far and near, that all may be saved by the sacrificial grace of Jesus, and that living faith in Christ as Savior brings Hope, Promise and Peace to God's creation, our world.
Built in 1953, the church is a designated California Point of Historic Interest. While there have been interior improvements throughout the years, no exterior structural changes have been done. You will find the church to be nearly the same as it was when it first opened its doors in 1942.
In the 1940's the land was purchased from Karl A. Mathison, and construction began. The church bylaws prohibited debt, so local families joined together and built the church. In 1951, Streeter Blair of Leucadia, CA, a dealer in early American furniture, found the bell for the church. Weighing 250 lbs, the bell once hung in a Dutch church in Lebanon, PA, for more than a century. It was believed to have been in Europe long before that.
Originally named Topanga Union Church, in 1957 the name was changed to Topanga Community Church and later to Topanga Christian Fellowship.